Guidelines for Cheaper Fares
- Fly up to the first week in June or after the third week in August.
- Start shopping 3 months before departure, complete purchase by 30 days before.
- When traveling in the U.S. fly Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday.
- Best time to Buy domestic airfare is on Tuesdays around lunchtime.
- Second best time to buy airfare is Tuesdays through Thursdays.
- Fly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Even if you can only put half your trip on one of these days, do so for best benefit.
- Connecting flights can be half the cost of a non-stop flight.